Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dried up

Mostly, anyway. Our laundry room is in the basement. On Monday, I went down to find clean socks for the girls and was met with wet feet when I stepped off the stairs. I looked to the left and was met with the picture I posted a few days ago...no, that's not shiny floors, that's our carpet covered in water! I peeled my wet socks off, ran up to the landing to slip on Jason's crocs, then went back downstairs to survey the damage. Water was every.where. So, I ran back upstairs and grabbed my phone to call Jason. He came home right away and got to work pumping water out with our shop vac. Our main sump pump wasn't working, and he couldn't get the back up pump started either. Fun, huh? Luckily, it wasn't long before we had company and more help to search for a new pump as well as a couple of rented commercial carpet cleaners to suck up all of that water. I'm so thankful to all of the guys from church who spent the evening helping Jason carry things out of the basement and clean up the water. We were still pretty damp down there for a couple of days, but we have a working pump again, and it feels pretty dry down there so we'll get stuff back into place this weekend, hopefully. I know the girls have missed their playroom!

No comments: