Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Elsieisms

When Elsie wants to watch the Berenstein Bears, she'll say, "Mommy, how about we watch The Newest New Bears." If I ask her about the BERENSTEIN bears, she'll tell me that's not it.


Yesterday, she heard someone talking about the Milky Way on t.v. so we spent the rest of the day talking about the Milky Way, the solar system, planets, sun, moon, and stars, etc. Later that evening, I overheard her talking to herself about the Milky Way, the Juicy Way, and the Water Way. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at her, and she did not understand what was so funny!


Tonight, I returned some movies to Blockbuster and exchanged them for new ones. Elsie asked to "watch a movie" and that made me kind of sad. Once upon a time, she'd request to "watch a woovie." I miss that. Also, she used to say, "Wake wuck!" instead of "Wake up!" in the mornings. That's long gone as well.

No comments: