Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Monday, Monday

It was a gloomy day here in Chicagoland. We woke up to thunderstorms...the kind of thunderstorms that provide you with nearly continuous thunder. In my case, they also provide me with a continuously jumpy, clingy, frightened 3 year old. We also ended our evening with thunderstorms and a tornado warning. Don't worry. We sought shelter in our basement. It's lovely to have a home with a basement. On the other hand, our house is a split level so there are windows in every room. So, we huddled together in the bathroom around the corner from the window in there.

My Wii Fit finally arrived on Friday, and I do mean FINALLY! I had to stalk numerous online stores before I could even order one, and I had orders placed and cancelled twice before I actually got one. Now that it's here, we love it. All of us. Except for maybe Claira. It has inspired some fun talk already. Elsie calls the Hula Hoop the "Hooly Loop."

We had a wedding to go to on Saturday and as we were getting ready, Elsie told Jason, "I don't want to go to the recession (reception). I just want to go to the weddin'. Later, at the wedding, she asked me, "Where are all the Grandmas?" I had to explain to her that "all the Grandmas" are still in Missouri to which she replied, "Well, let's go back to Eric and Randi's weddin'. It's their turn again. Then we can see Grandma!" Of course, half way through the wedding, I hear, "I have to go to the bathroom." What's really grand is that I asked Elsie to wait, and she waited a good 15 minutes to go.

Yesterday, we went to the mall after church. I had to hit the Gap sale and got some CUTE stuff for Miss Claira. I've bought a few things for fall for Elsie already, but I'm hoping she'll be able to wear a lot of stuff from last winter. What was great is that it gave Elsie another opportunity to go potty outside our house. I'm really happy that she's telling us when she has to go and we're out and about. I was worried about that before, but she seems to be a pro already.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

How scary about the thunderstorms. Glad you have a safe place to take shelter and everyone is okay.

We live in the middle of tornado alley and I've never known anyone that has a basement. What's with that?!

Wii Fit is fun, huh! I've been bad about not doing it much the past 2 weeks. I need to get back at it. Hooly Hooping is my favorite. :)