Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's a pollywog?

Elsie periodically calls me "Miss Martin." She often makes up new names for herself so I haven't thought too much of it, but one day I asked her about it, and she said because you're my teacher like Miss Martin is Caillou's teacher. Miss Martin is my teacher name.

Claira is pulling up now, and cruising. Thankfully, she keeps her trick performing to a minimum so far. The more mobile she gets, the harder it is to update this blog (or do much of anything else for that matter)! She's on the go all the time...climbing all over us like a little monkey...she's constantly trying to roll over while she's nursing, and she gets down off of my lap while nursing too, then gets made and grunts at me to pick her back up.

"Lemonade sure is tasty on a hot, sunny day." -Elsie

We had a playdate this morning, and Claira was fussing so Elsie was trying to calm her down. In her sweetest voice, Elsie was saying, "Claira, I know you want to be up front with Mommy, but only grown-up drivers sit there. We can't drive because we're small so we can't see. I know we're both little, but I'm still the big sister. I'm here to tell you it's going to be okay." I was cracking up. Where do kids come up with this stuff?

Yesterday, the girls and I were reading and Elsie brought a book about colors for us to read. At this point, she can read them to us so that's what I usually let her do. "Yellow duck, yellow cheese. Blueberries, blue ball. White rabbit, white milk. she was saying until she got to the page for gold. Then she said, "Shiny star, shiny buttons."

On the way home from JumpZone, we picked up some Krispy Kreme donuts and Elsie asked for the "sparkly one." (meaning the one with sprinkles)

No comments: