Friday, January 18, 2008

A Wagon Says ROOAAARRRR!

It's amazing to me how multi-lingual (I doubt that's even a word) toddlers can be. A little while ago, I was sitting in the recliner nursing Claira while Elsie was playing with her Light Sketcher at my feet. She's drawing pictures of our family, which seems to be one of her favorite things to do now...when I have a camera handy, I'll have to capture that on camera before it disappears!

Anyway, Elsie gets up and walks over to me and says, "ROOOAAARRRR!"

Me: Oh, you must be a lion! Please don't eat us!

Elsie: No, I'm not a lion, silly mommy.

Me: Are you a tiger?

Elsie: No

Me: A bear?

Elsie: No.

Me: (thinking what else roars?) A fish?

Elsie: No.

Me: A dog?

Elsie: No.

Me: A cat?

Elsie: No.

Me: A chicken?

Elsie: No.

Me: A giraffe?

Elsie: No.

Me: An elephant?

Elsie: No.

Me: A monkey?

Elsie: No.

Me: I give up...what are you?

Elsie: A wagon!

Silly mommy, indeed! Who knew a wagon roars? Our wagon must be the silent roar type.

No comments: