Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Bright Idea

So, there are a few blogs that I like to read when I have the time...and today I got this bright idea that I should really have one of my own...News Flash: I already have one! So, I found the site in my favorites and looked at that sad lonely post and decided, I'm back! (Holy run-on sentence, Batman!)

Anyway, my timing for beginning a blog was a little off considering I was in and out of the doctor's office for the rest of October and gave birth to Claira on October 31st...please do NOT mention the H-word! I begged my doctor for any other day to no avail. So, I'm overcoming my sadness and trying to focus on the fact that Claira was born during Pumpkin Patch season...and I love fall! It's really my favorite time of year.

Anyway, Claira was born positive for Coombs, which means our blood types were incompatible giving her a *lovely* severe case of jaundice. We were in the hospital for 4 days, went home for 2 days and then went back in the hospital for 3 days. She's now 2 1/2 months old and is doing wonderfully! We had a rough start nursing since the jaundice forced us to supplement with formula. It took us 5 weeks before she stopped screaming at the sight of my breasts, but we've got the hang of it now! Other than that, she's gorgeous! Really, she's smiling now and lets out a little giggle every now and then that just knocks your socks off with cuteness! Her smile is so contagious, and I love waking up to it in the morning.

I remember bonding with Elsie when she was so small, and it's amazing how much turmoil I put myself through while I was pregnant knowing that Elsie wasn't going to be my only child anymore and knowing that Claira would never get the attention to herself like Elsie did. What I didn't expect is how naturally they'd truly love each other. Claira needs to only catch a glimpse of Elsie before she's beaming, and Elsie is Little Miss Helpful whenever she's not being Little Miss Demanding. Elsie had just Jason and I to adore her and Claira gets a bonus!

Right now, the focus is on Miss Elsie's Third Birthday Bash. I can hardly believe how big she's getting! We're having a joint party with her best friend L, who turns 3 a few weeks before her. We've rented a kid's gym, and I'm looking forward to it. We chose Curious George for the theme since it's gender neutral and there will be girls and boys at the party. Mainly, I can't wait for the ice cream cake!

Other than that, I bought the girls' Easter outfits yesterday! They're gorgeous...and if I knew how to post a picture of them, I would! I promise to work on that.

No comments: