Thursday, May 29, 2008

Claira is 7 months old

Well, Claira is nearly 7 months old. The official day is Saturday. Finally, I've got a month that actually has 31 days, and I'm updating her sooner than that anyway. We're leaving to go to Indiana bright and early tomorrow morning so I took photos of her today. She's mastered a lot of things this past month. We started solids...rice cereal, peas, and squash so far. She's tried out the sippy cup, and even though she doesn't actually drink too much of it. She is starting to get the hang of it. She's a pro at sitting up on her own now. She'll drop toys and lean over to pick them back up without losing her balance at all. Her favorite toys are the Fisher Price Baby Grand Piano...she starts playing music as soon as we sit her in front of it, and her face just lights up. She also loves the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Birdbath. It's actually a hand me down from Elsie that I brought out for Claira to play with about a week ago. There are little shape "veggies" around the base of the toy that the baby can pick up to play with. I watched her bat at them for a few days, but she figured out pretty quickly that she can get them out of their little nestled spots and taste them! She has also really gotten into books this past month. Usually, there are at least a couple of times a day that I've got both girls sitting in my lap for storytime. Claira is no longer satisfied to listen and look at the pictures...she has to be holding a book herself or she gets quite upset about it. So we searched out some of the tiny board books, and they're keeping her happy.
Looking forward, I know there's a lot more to come in the next few months...scooting, crawling, pulling up, standing, cruising, and walking. I'm in no hurry for all of that though! She gets sweeter everyday, and I'm still amazed at how much one child can differ from the other. Ultimately, I've got two very sweet girls to spend my days with, and I don't know that I could ask for more.




No comments: