Saturday, April 26, 2008

Photo Friday

I know, it's Saturday. I'm only two weeks in to the kickoff of Photo Friday, and I'm already behind the game. We've just been busy. Both girls were anti-nappers this week, which has left me with very little time to do much of anything, especially the fun stuff like blogging and learning anything about my new camera. I was finally able to read through the manual part of my camera manual last night while Jason entertained the girls. So, I'm learning a little bit about aperture and shutter speed. It would really help if I had willing models to participate as guinea pigs for me, but Claira is into her feet now so anytime I try to set her up to take her picture, she just stares at her feet, drooling. Elsie just won't sit still...she bounces up and down, shifts from side to side, you name it, she's doing it with the exception of sitting still. Despite all of my handicaps, here's a recent favorite...I'll try and add more tomorrow.

Let me tell you, switching your camera from full auto to manual is a whole new world. And, unless you want to be a robot and chase the 0 on your exposure meter, my guess is that it's going to take a great deal of practice and trial & error to get this whole exposure thing down. This picture is alright...I like the lighting, but I think the focus is more on the blanket than Claira, which is something I need to work on...hopefully, with some practice I'll be able to get my focus where I want it and quickly to catch those spur of the moment smiles from my baby girl. In the meantime, enjoy!

No comments: