Monday, April 7, 2008

Tidbits

We had a very busy weekend. So, today is pretty mellow in comparison. On Saturday, Jason did some cleaning at the church and had prayer. In the meantime, I made some no-bake cookies, and then we went over to Eli and Janette's house to grill out. Oh, bring on the nice weather! It was a gorgeous day outside, and we spent much of the afternoon out on their deck.
I made a short trip to the mall, and then we went on a search for some teething rings for Claira...poor girls has been a fussy mess for a week. I told Jason that it must've been mercy from the Lord that Elsie didn't teeth until after she was a year old and her surgery was done.
Yesterday, we had church, and I went to the bookstore. Then, we had another church service last night with Ken Gaub. The service was really great, and he's incredibly funny. I couldn't help but admire his boldness while he narrated his history of turning every personal encounter from a nod in the airport to a request for directions into soul winning. It may be hard to admit, but I know this is an area I really need to work on. It's hard not to be confronted by that when you're hearing from someone who obviously prioritizes it. I, on the other hand, will admit that I pray about it daily, but I don't actively seek people out for God's Kingdom, and I certainly don't do it daily. In public, I'm quiet, and I tend to mind my own business. Jesus didn't do that.

No comments: