Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just call me Balloon Head

I hate this kind of cold. I don't usually use that word, but it fits in this case...you know the type. I have the kind of cold that slowly builds up over several days until you don't think you can possibly feel any worse and then you do (of course) feel worse for a day or two and then it takes you at least a week or two to feel normal again. I woke up on Saturday morning with a throbbing head...you know the Saturday that we had Elsie's birthday party at a kid's gym with about 20 shrieking children? Yep, that's the Saturday. I made it through. I took some Tylenol which didn't help at all, and I just made it through. Sunday morning, the headache was still there, and I dragged myself to church. You know, there have been several times that I've dragged my sickly self to church and every symptom is gone by the time I leave. Unfortunately, Sunday wasn't one of those times. Yesterday, a runny nose and scratchy throat came knocking on my door and without realizing it, I let them in. What was I thinking? This morning, I could barely talk when I woke up, and I just groaned to Jason as he was getting ready for work. I made up my own sign language for water and remote as I sat in the recliner nursing.
Now, I'm sitting here trying to remember the funny conversation I had with Elsie yesterday so I can post it, and the whole thing is just making my head hurt more. I am tired, and I'm going to lay down.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Mandalynn - I have the same symptoms on the exact same timeline as you...do you think it's possible to catch germs off the BC board? hee! hee!

Enjoying your blog!
Cheryl
GG's Mom (formerly Sqirral) on BC