Of course, I'm referring to the sister who can actually talk, Miss Elsie. She's been stuttering for about the last week and a half. It's really starting to bother me because it's been bothering her for a few days now. She gets quite upset when she can't say what she wants to. In theory, I think it might just be stress related...she absolutely does not want to move, and it's been going on since we started talking about the move more and actually packing. I'm hoping that's it and it just goes away once we're settled in. Otherwise, we're headed to Missouri to visit family next month, and we'll also make a trip to Kansas City where she'll see a Speech Therapist and be evaluated so if I have any lingering concerns, we'll get something worked out then. Of course, I'm praying that this is only temporary and not something she'll need ongoing support for.
Updated: I just got off the phone with the hospital, and apparently the clinic is booked through the summer so they have a wait list...not what I wanted to hear since we live 9 hours away. Fortunately, since my only concern is having her speech evaluated, they should be able to get us in sooner. The problem is that they're going to call in a couple of weeks to schedule the appointment. Hopefully, that'll correspond with the dates we were hoping to travel to visit family. Otherwise, I might have to ask for a recommendation closer to home.